Summertime Means County Fair!!
In our area the county fair means animals, food, rides, crafts, knowledge and fun! To be a part of it, my kiddos signed up last year to show their animals, show off their baking, drawing, scrapbooking, and poetry talent, present their wildlife steward knowledge and showcase their photography skills. They came away with many ribbons and felt pretty confident about the coming year’s competition. They, for sure, want to be a part of it all over again.
So, for this post, I thought it would be fun to give you and your kiddos an assignment. Each day I am going to list all the entry lots that our local fair has available this year. Even though you may not live here in our county, you will have fun in the completion of it all. Just getting out there to take the photos with your kiddos is my goal!
Here are the rules from the Benton County Fair here in Oregon:
501 – Adult (18 & over)
502 – Teen (Ages 13 – 17)
503 – Youth (12 & under)
504 – Professional
(any person who has sold work for profit)
Entry Procedures & Department Rules
1. Please read all Open Class Static Exhibitor Rules
2. Only one entry per exhibitor per lot is allowed.
3. Flat ribbons will be awarded at release for 1st, 2nd, and
1. All enlargements must be mounted on neutral mat board (white, gray, tan, brown, beige, black).
2. Mat boards should be at least 1/8” thick or be able to stand without bending. (No construction paper matting will be accepted.)
3. Mat boards must not exceed the photograph by more than 2” on any or all sides.
4. All photos must be family friendly.
5. Photos must be at least 5”x7” but not exceed 8”x12”,
except for panoramic photos which must not exceed
6. Absolutely NO GLASS, PLEXIGLASS OR FRAMES.
7. No digitally enhanced or special effects photos will be
accepted except for Lot 10.
1. All Enlargement Rules apply, except that the photographs may be of any size, but all photos must fit on mounting material of no larger than 16” x 20”.
1. Color Enlargement
2. Black & White Enlargement
Today your assignment is LANDSCAPE
Go out and view your world through your lens…and hopefully it will be Blue Ribbon worthy!!
Have fun, families!! Remember to always make the most of every moment!